No bike should sit sad and lonely due to something as simple as a flat tire. Knowing how to repair a flat tire is one of the most important skills to learn for bicycling happiness.
This will be a hands-on workshop where each participant will repair a flat tire. In this workshop, we will:
- Discuss the wide world of tires, tubes, tire liners, rim strips, and rims.
- Remove wheels from bikes
- Remove tires from rims using tire levers
- Remove inner tubes, identify their sizing, find holes, and patch them. We will also discuss selecting and using new tubes.
- Install tubes and tires on the wheel
- Install wheels on bikes
- Air tires to proper pressure
We will have bikes and wheels to use for the class - no need to bring your own bike.
If you wish, you may bring your own bike or wheel so that you may fix your own flat.
Fee: $5 for non-members. Bicycle Tree member discounts apply. Free for volunteers.